Live cash games seem to be Patrik Antonius’ cup of tea these days. After being shut out of Day 1D of the 2009 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event along with 500 other poker hopefuls, Antonius has been battling against the game’s best at Bobby’s Room and the surrounding tables at the Bellagio.
In a recent blog entry posted on his namesake online poker site, Doyle Brunson commented that he’s been part of not one, not two, but a trio of million dollar pots at cash games at the Bellagio. The results: “I won one, lost one, and split a huge pot with Patrik Antonius when we dealt the turn and river four times. I had a set against two pair bigger than my set and a flush draw.” When the smoke cleared after the board played out four times, Antonius won twice and Brunson won twice.
It’s been almost a month to the day since any action transpired in the Durrrr Challenge featuring Antonius and Tom Dwan. The pair has played through 20,647 out of the required 50,000 hands of Pot Limit Omaha. Maybe Antonius just wants to get a breather after getting trounced by Dwan during the action on June 18th and 19th. Maybe his back is prohibiting the European sensation from playing online. Dwan and Antonius apparently played sparingly at the 2009 World Series of Poker (WSOP), recording zero in the money finishes between them.
When the action does resume, you can rest assured we’ll have it for you right here on DurrrrChallenge.com.
- Patrik Antonius Suffering from Back Problems?
- Patrik Antonius Turned Away from WSOP Main Event
- Dwan Versus Antonius WSOP Last Longer
- Where in the World is Patrik Antonius?
- What Does Patrik Antonius Have?
- Patrik Antonius Receives a Saving Grace
- Durrrr and Patrik are back at the tables
- Patrik Antonius Heads to Monaco
- Patrik Antonius Wins $500,000 Pot, Loses $400,000 Overall
- Patrik Antonius: No Books, No Coach, No Problems