In case you missed the official World Series of Poker (WSOP) coverage of the $1,000 buy-in Stimulus Special No Limit Hold’em tournament, Maya Gellar revealed to tournament officials why her significant other was a no-show to the event. She explained that Patrik Antonius’ back is “hurt and he’s waiting for the cash games at the Bellagio.” The quote is taken from the official WSOP live coverage.
Around the same time, play resumed in the Tom Dwan Million Dollar Challenge, with the contest officially surpassing the 15,000 hand mark. We hope that Antonius can recover in time for the 2009 WSOP Main Event, which begins on July 3rd with the first of four starting days. With 16 hour sessions the norm in that event, back problems could pose a significant problem. The Main Event does not play down to its final table until July 15th.
Health issues or not, Antonius faced off against Brian Townsend in May 22nd’s Friday Night Fights on Full Tilt Poker and has been relatively active online.
- Patrik Antonius: No Books, No Coach, No Problems
- Where in the World is Patrik Antonius?
- Patrik Antonius Heads to Monaco
- Last One In, First One Out
- What Does Patrik Antonius Have?
- A little about DurrrrChallenge.com
- Antonius and durrrr play four hand session, tumbleweed ensues
- Patrik Extends Lead to Nearly Half a Million
- Patrik Takes the Lead with Friday’s Session
- Patrik Keeps the Lead